When Curing Becomes A Side-Effect…
Posted on November 23, 2011
by Come Meditate
Today I would like to share a documentary (30 minutes long) of the early 1990s that dives deep into the effects of Sahaja Meditation on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual level.
Here are some of the key topics:
- Carl G. Jung speaking about the anima and animus (the left and right side of our subtle system) and about the imbalance of these two in Western society
- Interviews with three doctors and their experiences with Sahaja Meditation, including scientific research on how Sahaja Meditation reduces high blood pressure
- Shri Mataji giving a detailed explanation where and how most of the diseases start and explaining how the awakening of the inner energy works to cure them by ones own power
I hope you enjoy this documentary and that you will have as many Aha!- and Oh!-effects as I had. One such moment for me was that curing people is only a side effect of Sahaja Meditation, while the essence of it enables us to go beyond and find out who we really are, our true Self.
So let’s start with our journey to the greatest mystery within – our universal self! 10 minutes in the morning, 10 minutes in the evening is all you need!
(sit wherever you like, the most important thing is to feel comfortable)
- Awaken Your Inner Energy
This is done only once and takes about 20 minutes. If you went through it already skip step 1). When your Inner Energy is activated it will stay so, there is no need to repeat the affirmations (although you can do so if you like)
- At the beginning and the end of each meditation we do what we call “raising the energy” and give ourselves “a shield of protection”.
Here is a nice animation how to do it: http://sahajayogawa.com/flash/charlie.swf
You can also find a detailed description in our Meditation Tips on page 4 and 5: Meditation Tips
- Put your right hand on your head for some seconds, put the hand down again but keep focused on the top of your head where your hand was.
- Sit still for about 10 minutes, hands palm upwards to let the energy flow freely through them, keep the focus on top of your head. If you find your mind wandering repeat step 3) as many times as it helps you to focus.
If you feel like it have some pleasant music.
In this time we allow our inner energy as well as the all-pervading power around to work on us – we do not need to do anything, just surrender to it.
- After the 10 minutes hold your hand over your head and see if you feel vibrations coming out – it might feel like a cool breeze, sometimes also like a warm breeze, like a tingling, or simply “somehow different”.
- End the meditation again with “raising the energy” and giving yourself “a bhandan” (shield of protection).
- Enjoy your day!
I wish you many exciting and joyful adventures on the road to Within!
thank you, Angi!